While volunteering with the APEX program, you will gain:
- An opportunity for personal development, while building career skills.
- Familiarity with the pardon and expungement processes, and the required paperwork and documentation (certified criminal history reports, court dockets, sentencing orders, etc.).
- Experience working with clients in real-life situations, and making a positive impact in their lives.
- The opportunity to observe pardon hearings.
- The ability to see the long-term impact of criminal history on clients.
- Professional references and recommendations upon successful service with the program.
- Volunteer recognition.
While volunteering with the APEX program, you will help the clients gain:
- Information regarding the expungement and pardon process that they may have otherwise not obtained.
- The confidence needed to undertake a challenging task.
- The ability to take the first steps to get a job and/or enhance their academic opportunities.
- A chance to turn their lives around and make a fresh start.
While volunteering with the APEX program, you will help the community gain:
- Individuals who can return to the workforce and become productive members of the community.
- Individuals who are self-sufficient, and no longer dependent on public assistance.
- Individuals who can become more educated and skilled by returning to school or earning certifications.
Related Topics: Advancement through PARDONS and EXPUNGEMENT, Vocational Rehabilitation